The Associated Press
November 25, 2008
CAIRO, Egypt: Egypt's state-owned news agency says two editors and three journalists will be tried for violating a gag rule on the trial of a Egyptian tycoon accused of ordering the murder of a Lebanese pop star.
Last week, the judge in the murder case issued strict guidelines limiting reporting on the trial to vague procedural information and the verdict.
The Middle East News Agency said Tuesday that Magdi el-Galad, editor of the independent Al-Masri al-Youm, Abbas el-Tarabili, editor of opposition Al-Wafd and three of their reporters will go on trial Dec. 4 for publishing the testimony of a witness.
Hisham Talaat Moustafa is charged with ordering the death of Lebanese pop star Suzanne Tamim.