Friday, October 28, 2011

Photos: Murals & Graffiti on Berlin Wall - East Side Gallery

German & Swiss comrades against the wall.


Mural depicting East German jumping the Berlin Wall during the Cold War era.


The Emperor standing amidst his industrial pollution.


Best buddies. Soviet Premier Leonid Brezhnev and East German President Erich Honecker, mouth-to-mouth kissing.


Bring down geographic, cultural and ethnic barriers.


The iconic Trabant, East Germany's (only) car during the Soviet-era.


Not sure what this Turco-Arabic looking piece is supposed to depict or mean? I like the smoke and the dog.


Artwork inspired by Pink Floyd's 'The Wall.'


Multicultural and multi-ethnic art - people of color.


An anti-militarist message of tolerance, freedom and respect.


Contemporary abstract art - Japanese sector of Berlin.


Ray Charles and other celebrities featured in this colorful and intricate mural.


I interpret this mural as meaning - run & hide from the shackles of the church.


Soviet nuclear physicist Andrei Sakharov; In memory of his bravery and human rights activism.


Doves of peace flying away with the Brandenburg Gate.


Get Human... Save Our Earth!


A gate within the Berlin Wall. Color and contrast.


Comic depiction of conditions at 'Checkpoint Charlie'

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

hello, sorry to bother you for this futile request. I hope you will answer me ... Actually I write an article about Pink Floyd in my school newspaper and I need a picture to illustrate my article, in the ideal a free rights picture. In seeking photos related to The Wall, I came across your blog and your picture of urban art in Berlin. I love it, could I use it for my article if I may? thank you, Lola.
(sorry for my english, I'm french)